You can easily continue using your projects and files from SmartPLS 3 in SmartPLS 4. The following should be noted, though.
Files that are modified in SmartPLS 4 can no longer be edited in SmartPLS 3 afterwards.
SmartPLS 4 will force you to start on a new and empty workspace to which you can then import your existing projects. This will create a copy of your existing SmartPLS 3 projects.
- Download the SmartPLS 4 installer for your operating system from our download page
- Install and launch SmartPLS 4
- Choose a license
- Create and select a new workspace folder
- Open > File > Import Projects from a folder from the main menu
- Locate the root of your existing SmartPLS 3 workspace (usually it is at /users/username/smartpls_workspace)
- Select the projects you want to import
- To fix red data files, just open them and hit "Update"
Getting started video
See the following video that executes the above mentioned steps in about 2 minutes.
Another video by James Gaskin that describes some first steps.